Monday

Upcycled mixed media gift box


Upcycled-mixed-media-gift-box

I haven't done one of these mixed media gift boxes in a long time. So when my sister passed me a sturdy old phone box, I got to work right away. *winks*


I only had enough chipboard to cover the top of the box so I used some texture paste with a stencil for the sides of the box.


You can't tell by the photos but this box has several layers of paint and gesso on it. I first covered the whole box with heavy gesso and then gold paint. But I hated how it turned out so I covered the whole thing with gesso again before colorizing it with shimmering spray mists. 


Then I finished by embellishing with little bits and pieces from my stash.

P/s: Yes, I was very careful when using my hot glue gun after last week's painful incident. Happy week ahead friends! :)

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Wow this is so pretty, I love the colors the textures and the tassel too..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors, the flowers and the lace!!!!!!!!!

SD pooja said...

Beautiful ! Loved seeing the upcycled box after long !

Audrey Pettit said...

Glad to hear you didn't burn yourself again on this beauty! Wow, how gorgeous! Love the colors and love the layered of goodies you added! The chipboard backing is super eye catching, too!

Lisa said...

This was wonderfully inspirational... So beautiful! I have a few boxes I've saved for just such a purpose, but I haven't felt up to it...lol! Maybe soon... I think before I start I'll come here..

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

Love the way you work and especially mixed media ! sich soothing colours !
cheers

Cindy deRosier said...

Great colors and texture on this! So pretty.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It