Tuesday

The story about the blue monogram


The-story-about-the-blue-monogram

So I have a decorated Y monogram in white, black and gold and thought it was time to add another! :) I had my eye on this cute blue one at Smiggle but cringed at the $5.95 price tag.[I like to buy things on sale...*winks*].


A couple of weeks later, it was on sale at 3 for $10. I was all set to buy but could only find 2 pieces that were in good condition [Yes, I'm a fussy buyer even when an item is on sale...*LOL*].


Well, it was a good call because Smiggle finally decided they were charging an arm and leg and the clearance price was 5 for $5! And all in good condition too! Yay! :)


Can you guess the colour of my next Y monogram project?

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

14 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

It always cheers me up immensely when I see you use lace...you do it sooo well. This looks lovely - the bargain was certainly waiting for! And GOLD>>>>>>> betcha it's GOLD!!!!
BTW.....did you notice....I changed my blog addy email to gmail? THANKYOU!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Yvonne! I love that intense color and all of your wonderful embellies! Simply stunning!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Girl you know how to shop!! a bargain worth waiting for.. love the lace, and the flowers look fabulous..

SD pooja said...

Waiting has paid off :) ! It Beautiful ,I loved the blue color,pretty lace .next color going by the cool shade may be bright green or may be PINk !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Patience is a virtue they say! LOL!! I loveeeeeeee this! GORGEOUS colors and textures!!!!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh WOW Yvonne...this is so inspirational. My daughter's current fav color is blue...I would love to case your creation !
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Shelly said...

Sooo pretty! Love!
And boy, do we seem to shop the same...sometimes the waiting, pays off! ;)

Karon said...

Well, you got a real bargain and these are so beautiful! Love the colours! TFS

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous work Yvonne!
Thank You~

alexa said...

The painted/dyed lace is such a wonderful surface ... Mmm, I'd be thinking gold too.

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful, Yvonne! Loving the bright blue on this one! And those beaded flowers look amazing!
I don't know about your next one.... maybe silver?

Cindy deRosier said...

Very pretty and well worth the wait for such a good bargain! I think the next Y will be RED!

Lisa said...

Stunning!! I love the lace!! This is just so gorgeous!! And what a bargain price, too!! It pays to wait!! I don't have that kind of luck...if I waited, they would all be gone!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous, love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It